30 Apr 2012

The Pleasure of Gifts

Yesterday a common acquaintance brought me a present from a dear and far away friend: a lovely kitchen towel, with an angel and the words "Petite Maman" embroidered on it. This gift out of the blue made me very happy! Not only had S. bought me this cute towel, but she had also gone through the trouble of finding a way to get it here.
I often see little things of which I believe they would suit my friends, but then I stumble over the hindrance of how to get them delivered (postage often being far more expensive than the item itself). My learning is: never mind! Always get the gift; a transport solution will be found. You will be happy thinking of the pleasure your gift brings your friend, and your friend will be happily surprised.
Just as I still am!

The Lovely Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment