5 Apr 2012

Gratitude

Biking home through the rain today I felt a sudden rush of gratitude.
We often live our lives on autopilot, not really reflecting over what happens, and we tend to take our lives for granted. It it somehow completely natural that we live in a comfortable environment, that we have all the good food we can wish for, that we are healthy...
Of course, all this is far from obvious. We know that, we just have to open a daily paper or watch the news to be reminded.
So there I was, completely wet and tired, and felt really privileged: I am healthy and can bike to work. I have a nice home to return to, and lovely, green tea to warm up with when I'm cold. And not to be forgotten: I can enjoy biking through uncomfortable weather - simply being grateful for being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment